It can be difficult at times to know exactly how to go about making a decision.
Here are some simple steps to guide your decision-making.
Begin by acknowledging who I am before God at this point in my life.
At the start of this time I present myself before God with empty hands.
- Clearly define the choices that lie before you.
- Make a list of the pros and cons of each choice.
- Take some quiet time and pray with this list.
- What motives are drawing you to choose one choice over another?
- Are these motives in line with you value system?
- Are you now experiencing peace with the choice you made?
- If not, share your experience with a trusted friend and ask some input.
- Take some additional time to pray asking the Spirit for guidance.
- When the right decision comes, peace and joy can be signs that the choice is right for you
For further information please contact Carmelite Vocations.